Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration & tutorial loading problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gtm8
407 Views, 2 Replies

Registration & tutorial loading problems

Hey all, new here and i'm having some problems. I cannot enter my registration Code or ID into Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics, as when I click the 'activate' button on start up a blank white page is loaded and nothing else.  

I'm also having trouble getting the tutorials (.ach files?) to open. 

I've extrracted the tutorials to the tutorials file, but after selecting a tutorial to load, a popup appears saying:

"Browser folder

Archive restore location"

After clicking 'ok' another 5 popups appear all saying

'Can't process 'tower.ds_data\1\ds.asd [or equivalent tutorial], Cannot create target folder'

Another popup then appears saying:

'Skipping file. The 'tower.ds_data\1\ds.asd' could not be created for wriiting in the unzipping location.This may be a file security problem of permission problem. The program then crashes.

Are there any more in depth tutorials? I tried to followed the onlines tutorial pages, using my own design made in inventor for the ball valve fluid flow tutorial, but I was going drastically wrong somewhere; The flow speeds eneded up around 3.9e+053 cm/s, or several thousand times the speed of light!

----------

Essentially i'm trying to learn a CFD program to assist in my Masters thesis that i'll be undertaking in the summer. I would like to use this software to optimise flow rates and mixing of an algae culture inside a water circuit, like this diagram:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/100453709/Jeruz_Algaelink_Photo_Bio_Reactor/showimage.html

Any help will be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: gtm8

Hi gtm8.

For the registration issue, I suggest that you contact technical support. They would be more familiar with working through this type of problem. Details on how to contact them are given below.

For retrieving the archives, it sounds as if you do not have permission to create files in the folder your are trying to retrieve them to. I suggest creating a new folder right underneath the root drive (like C:) and retrieve the archives to that folder.

In addition to the tutorials, there are step-by-step examples in the documentation. See "Help > Autodesk Simulation > Examples".

==========================

You can access the Autodesk Subscription Center by accessing the following link:

http://subscription.autodesk.com/

You will need to log on using your Autodesk user id and password. From within the

subscription center, you will be able to view past support issues, enter comments and open

new support cases.

If you are not listed as a contact under the serial number, then you will need to contact the

account contact so that he or she can log on to the subscription center and add you as a

contact under this serial number.

Alternatively, you can call 1-866-487-8680, then choose option "6", then option "4". If we

are all on the phone, then it will be best to log an issue on the subscription center. The

second best option would be to leave a message. The least favorable option may be to remain

on hold.

==========================

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
gtm8
in reply to: gtm8

Thanks, the tutorials are working now and have been able to simulate water flowing through a pipe, which is great.

Would it be possible to model the water flowing out of the pipe and falling through air (or a vaccum) into a tank, where it then flows back into the other end of the pipe? It is capable of modelling two internal fluids? From the tutorial It seems as though you need two planar sections in the design to model internal fluids, does that mean a closed system is not possible?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report