Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"0x7A: 152962 elements were expected"-error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bjorn_fallqvist
714 Views, 4 Replies

"0x7A: 152962 elements were expected"-error

Hi,

When running a coupled transielt fluid/thermal analysis, I get the above error message. The problem is quite simple: a cooling flange surrounded by air. I raise the temperature of the cooling flange to 75C, with an ambient temperature of 20C and model the air surrounding it as 3D fluid-elements. I do not use a boundary mesh, since I've had some trouble getting it to mesh correctly. Instead, I'm using an all-tethaedral mesh for the fluid, and thermal bricks (bricks & tetra) for the cooling flange.

Then I get the message

"0x7A: 152962 elements were expected for part ID2, but 1790 were found"

This occurs just after the iterations start. After that, the analysis proceeds, so I guess this is just a warning, but what does it mean? Are the results severely affected? It sounds to me as if most of the elements for the fluid (part 2) part has been removed somehow. It looks fine in the results window, however.

Thanks,

Björn

Edit: I also noticed something strange. I can access the results from the first two steps, but nothing beyond that, despite that they have converged. Also, the "automatic time-stepping" button is greyed out.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Did you get an answer for this error?, i have the same problem

Message 3 of 5
mohammadm
in reply to: benboubaker

It is happenining for me, too. Any idea what causes this error? 

Thanks,

error message.png

Message 4 of 5
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: mohammadm

It sounds like a problem with the mesh, but I do not know where it is getting the expected number of elements from and the actual number of elements. By any chance, did you change the mesh or part 1? For example, part 1 was a brick element part created by meshing a CAD part, but then you changed it to a hand-built part? Or, are there 154,927 elements missing from the model?

If this is occurring when the model is loading into the Results environment, I would try this:

1. Close any of the results windows by clicking the X in the top right corner of the window.
  2. Hold down the Shift key and click the Results tab. This will reset the results settings to their defaults.

If that does not resolve the problem, please let us know when the error occurs (running the analysis, meshing, etc) and what type of analysis it is.

Message 5 of 5
mohammadm
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

I think there was an issue with the meshing. It could provide a solution (perhaps not correct) but could not load the results. The parts in assembly had interfered surfaces and edges. Cleaning the geometry resolved the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report