Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Zooming in on Results

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
zachary.stock
262 Views, 1 Reply

Problems Zooming in on Results

While in the results tab I am unable to zoom in on the results. The closest I am able to get with the zoom in a signifigant scale larger than the assembly itself. I am able to zoom in as needed while working the in the FEA editor. It currently is only happening with one particular project. The attached picture is the closest I can get, the scale is the default scale of min and max of the model. If I try and do a fit, it zooms way out, but I don't think I have any parts floating in space.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: zachary.stock

Hi Zachary,

What type of elements are in your model? What type of constraints? Anything "unusual" with this model, such as cyclic symmetry?

I have not seen this problem. My guess is that the software will only zoom in until the scale is X% of the model dimensions.

My only thoughts are these:

1. Beam elements create extra nodes way out in space (at coordinates of 1E14 or something). If your model has beam elements, perhaps the coordinate of these "k-nodes" is preventing the model from zooming in.
  2. Some constraints like the 1D and 3D springs create extra nodes out in space, so perhaps one of these is throwing off the scale.
  3. You can also try to right-click in the graphics window and choose "Show all Parts/Elements" -- just in case there is something.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report