Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with visualisation of the results

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cff22
982 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with visualisation of the results

Dear all,

I installed Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics in my laptop in order to perform structural analyses with models of buildings. I am able to run the analyses and get results. However, the colour grading showing the distribution of the results (e.g. displacement, stresses, etc.) in the models in the Results environment is not shown. The model appears completely white. Furthermore, if I want to amplify or manipulate the model in the results environment, the visualisation's window becomes momentaneously black. It appears to be a problem with the laptop's graphics card.  Please, see an image attached of the model in the results enviroment.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Andrew.Sartorelli
in reply to: cff22

Hi cff22,

Please view the following page on fixing result contours not appearing, http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/simulation-mechanical/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcar...

I've also heard reports of the black results occuring because of the switching of graphics cards when there is a discrete card and intergrated card. You may want to toggle the discrete card to be on by default, albeit at the cost of battery life.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 3
cff22
in reply to: Andrew.Sartorelli

Thank you very much Andrew. Deselecting 'Enable OpenGL Hardware Acceleration' solved the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report