Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with simulating concrete !!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
80DAVE
958 Views, 11 Replies

Problem with simulating concrete !!

hello to all of you 🙂

when i hit "run simulation", the analysis dialoge open up, after a while, it disapears suddenly, the log report tells me the following: 

[ STOP: Perfect plasticity or compressive softening is not currently supported for concrete material ] 

what does it means ?! ive got the concrete parameters defined well, and ready to go, what is the problem ?!

regards 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
zhuangs
in reply to: 80DAVE

In the hardening curve, there are two neighboring points (for example, i and i+1), stress (i+1) is too close to or equal to stress (i) or smaller than stress (i).

Shoubing

Message 3 of 12
80DAVE
in reply to: zhuangs

sadly, i've done what it takes to run the simulation, still getting this idiotic message !!

where can i get default values or something like that ?! i'm deseperetly need to run the simulation .!

please help me 😞

Message 4 of 12
zhuangs

Did you check the hardening curve set up (see the attachment)?

Note that in the curve,  for each neighboring points i and i+1, [ stress(i+1)-stress(i) ] / [strain(i+1)-strain(i)] should not be too small (close to zero) or negative.

Shoubing

Message 5 of 12
80DAVE

i've used the following parameter:

mass desity (kg/cm3) = 0.0025

Young's modulus = 1.93466889634974E-03

Possion's ratio = 0.2

unaxial tensile strength (KN/cm2) = 2.54554439248869E-04

unaxial compression strength (KN/cm2) = 1.67059969203686E-03

biaxial compressive strength (KN?cm2) = 1.93789564276276E-03

shear retention is constant and the parameter is 0.2

Strain Vs. Stress curve

-0.00026-0.0005
-0.0006-0.00104
-0.00095-0.00141
-0.0013-0.00161
-0.00173-0.00167

i keep getting the following message

** STOP: Unable to determine concrete material constants (A4,K0) from specified concrete strengthes Check input or specify material constants directly Element group number = 1

please, what am i doing wrong ?! :'(

it's frustrating 😞

Message 6 of 12
S.LI

The following is from Help. Not sure if it's helpful or not.

Hardening Tab

The input on the Hardening tab are for the plain concrete. This input describes the stress-strain curve of the concrete in compression after the elastic region (points 2 to 1 in Figure 1).

Enter the Strain and Stress values as negative values, starting at the yield point (point 2). Using the Sort button will sort the values in descending order (yield point to failure point). A minimum of two data points are required.

The entries on the first row (Index 1) is the yield point and are linked to the Young's modulus entered on the General tab. Therefore, the strain for the first row cannot be entered; it will be calculated by the processor as (Stress row 1)/(Young's modulus). The interface will calculate and enter the strain for the first row if you try to select that cell; the processor will calculate the initial strain regardless of the value entered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 7 of 12
zhuangs

You might check whether the "Strength Tab" is well defined: Uniaxial Tensile Strength, Uniaxial Compressive Strength, Biaxial Compressive Strength, etc.  In the "Help", search "Reinforced Concrete Material Properties" and there is a figure "Figure 1: Idealized Uniaxial Behavior of Plain Concrete", which shows the different parameters.

Shoubing

Message 8 of 12
80DAVE

dear Shoubing 🙂

i'm well aware of the "Idealized Uniaxial Behavior of Plain Concrete", my parameters are true, yet, cant start the analysis .!

it's very frustrated me and i'm running out of time !!

all the notes you've include, i'm familiar with it, those from the HELP and other notes, my parameters coincide with other software parameters, which yield to a successful modeling

why cant it be done on autodesk simulation ?! 

😞

Message 9 of 12
zhuangs

Is it the model large?  If not, you might share the model for us to investigate.  If it is large, you can share the model via dropbox.

Shoubing

Message 10 of 12
80DAVE

i'll try 🙂

thank you 🙂

Message 11 of 12
qzhu

Hi,

The error message arises due to failure by the processor to determine model constants from your input. Your parameters don't look right. An immediate clue is that the Young's modulus is the same as the bi-axial compressive strength and in the same order of other compressive strengths. This is unrealistic. The Young's modulus should be way higher than the compressive strengths (say 1000x). You'd better check your parameter resource.

Message 12 of 12
S.LI
in reply to: qzhu

To extend what qzhu said here, "units" is another thing that needs a double check.

The data units in ASIM dialog should be consistent with the value you input.

In your data, most of units are about "KN", but there are no units for Young's modulus and stresses in the stress-strain curve.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report