Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with graphic visibility

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Studentt45
365 Views, 2 Replies

problem with graphic visibility

Hi

When I start to use the Orbit Tool, or Zoom Tool, a black screen appears.
How to decide this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Studentt45,

It looks like there may be a problem with your graphics card drivers. I'd recommend going to the manufacturer's website and downloading the most recent version of the drivers, the versions pushed out by your Windows updates may not be the most recent. The other thing to try is to go into Options > Graphics > Hardware and untoggle OpenGL hardware acceleration, I've seen a lot of graphics annomalies resolved through this method.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 3

Hi Studentt45,

I was having the exact same problem, even though I have a workstation laptop with a high-performance graphics card. I noticed it when I had more than one instance of Simulation open. It started randomly, but became more and more common. What I finally realized is that the software was using the integrated graphics processor rather than the dedicated graphics card. The solution was to go into the graphics card control panel (NVIDIA in this case) and changing the preferred graphics processor in 3D settings from "auto-select" to "high-performance NVIDIA processor". That solved the problem.

Stefan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report