Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Opening Inventor File in Simulation Multiphysics

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mbabatunde1519
429 Views, 1 Reply

Problem Opening Inventor File in Simulation Multiphysics

My main problem with Simulation Multiphysics 2013 (Trial Edition) is that I cannot open my Inventor Professional 2014 files (.ipt) in Simulation Multiphysics.  The files are saved in their Extruded manner, so its already a 3D geometry, but when I try to open it in Simulation, it says "Connecting to Model Translator...Please Wait."  It then says "Ready" and nothing is there.  I have Inventor on my computer and have tried this with other computers in my house and they all give me the same message.  Can someone please help me quickly?  I have a deadline approaching

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

It should not be surprising that "old" software (2013) cannot open "new" files (2014). The file formats change from time to time.

So your other solution is to save your 2014 Inventor model to a format that Sim 2013 can read. I do not know if Inventor can save files to earlier versions, but you can certainly output your Inventor model to a neutral format that Simulation can read: Step file (.stp or .step), ACIS file (.sat), Parasolid?, and so on. Just do a "File > Open" in Simulation and look under the "File of Type" pull-down to see what formats Simulation can read.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report