Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plastic deformation

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
715 Views, 11 Replies

Plastic deformation

Hi,

I wanna to analyse a plastic deformation of a metal, to this, I saw that I must use a thermoplastic material in a thermal analysis and after in a MES and some configurations to solve the problem as to calculation. Does someone know how to do this simulation or can help me?  A model like example would be good too!

Thanks,

Mecanico.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mecanico,

You do not need to use the Thermoplastic material model unless you have temperature dependent material properties. I do not recall (in your other thread) any mention of the temperature, so I was assuming that the part was at a constant temperature, whatever temperature that may be.

The other plastic material models of "Von Mises with ..." and "Von Mises Curve with ..." are similar to the thermoplastic material model but are temperature independent. Naturally, you need to enter the material properties appropriate for the temperature of the part.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John,

my model have a constant temperature, then I will don't use thermal analysis, only the MES. Did you see my posts in other topic? There are the specifications that you ask me!

Thanks,

Mecanico.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Hi,

and as to the remeshing adaptative techniques and lagrangian updated formulation, how do I apply?

Regards,

Mecanico.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Hi,

I got it the plastic deformation of material! But I didn't get to use frictional contact surface to surface between the material and the rigid tools, neither to load the top tool with prescribed displacement, because had errors and abborted, the analysis was sucessfully only with default contact (bonded) and loading the top tool with pressure. The simulation was maked in MES and the material is a von Mises with isotropic hardening aluminum! Do you know how I do to include frictional contact and prescribed displacement of tool on my model?  

I'm sending a print of my simulation.

Thanks,

Mecanico.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

The previous image was poor, here is new image better!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Hi,

I have some doubts about the contact and the loads! Please, can you help me?

Thanks,

Mecanico.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Hi John,

let me send you my model to take a look? Somethings aren't right!

Regards,

Mecanico.

Message 9 of 12
John_Holtz

Hi Mecanico,

You can see the post "Create, Post, or Provide an Archive of your model" for instructions on how to post a model. Perhaps someone will have time to take a look. Speaking only for myself, I may not have much time to devote to it.

You should also consider sending your model to technical support since that is their job -- to help customers in need. You can contact them through one of these methods:

You can access the Autodesk Subscription Center by accessing the following link:

http://subscription.autodesk.com/

You will need to log on using your Autodesk user id and password. From within the subscription center, you will be able to view past support issues, enter comments and open new support cases.

If you are not listed as a contact under the serial number, then you will need to contact the account contact so that he or she can log on to the subscription center and add you as a contact under this serial number. Or if you do not have access, submit a request here or dial the business center directly at 800.538.6401 choosing the option for subscription services. 

Alternatively, you can call 1-866-487-8680, then choose option "6", then option "4". If we are all on the phone, then it will be best to log an issue on the subscription center. The second best option would be to leave a message. The least favorable option may be to remain on hold.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Hi John,

I understand but I'm a student and this way I haven't access to the support, right? Because I need a contract number!

I believe that my problem is very simple to you and I'm necessiting a lot of this! Please, help me? I explained everythings here that you ask me.

Thanks,

Mecanico.

Message 11 of 12
John_Holtz

You may be correct about technical support for students.

As I mentioned, go ahead and create the archive of your model and add it your reply. I believe you need to manually change the extension from .ACH to something else (.ACH.ZIP) in order to upload it.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Ok, thank you so much for the help!

Before I send you my model, do you indicates that I do the analysis in a 2D or a 3D model?

Best regards,

Mecanico.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report