Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining Results - Steady State Thermal Analysis

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
akung_123
1024 Views, 2 Replies

Obtaining Results - Steady State Thermal Analysis

Hi,

I am using Simulation Multiphysics 2013 for thermal analysis for determining the heat flow through a section of a window and wall. I know how to show the temperature, heat flux, and heat flow at individual nodes but is there a way to find overall heat flux and heat flow for a selected surface. Or, is there a way to apply boundary conditions to, for example, the exterior and interior walls and can the overall U-factor (overall heat transfer coefficient, W/(m^2 K)) can be obtained? I have used THERM which is a 2D analysis software and it automatically calculates the U-factor after applying the boundary conditions but the limitation is that it's 2D (I need 3D analysis). Attached is a model of what I've been simulating so far. 

Thanks,

Alden 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: akung_123

Hi Alden,

Your units are the same as a convection coefficient, so I presume that the command "Results Inquire > Average Film Coefficient" is what you could use.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
akung_123
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. I could not figure out how to select individual faces but now I have found out how after playing around with it some more. With that, I have been able to find heat flux of each face which should be enough to give me what I need after some calculations. 

-Alden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report