Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Message 1 of 9
ramses061
863 Views, 8 Replies

Nodal Force

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to add a nodal force to my model. I want to make a MES analysis. I choosed some nodes and right click onto them. At the opened window, i choosed the "add - nodal forces" option but no new windows has been opening. Nothing happens. Also i can't add nodal boundary conditions.

Can someone suggest me something?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
scudelari
in reply to: ramses061

Hello,

Are you sure you are selecting the Node? I know it sounds stupid, but I also had trouble selecting it when there is a refinement point on the node I'd like to have something added.

That's just a possibility though.

Message 3 of 9
ramses061

Thanks for your reply,

I am sure with selecting nodes. But still couldn't find any solution for that problem. When i right click on the point and selecting "add - nodal force" nothing happens.

Message 4 of 9
ramses061

I installed the 2011 version as ALGOR and i could add the nodal forces. Then i uninstalled it and installed 2012 version. I could run the simulation but when i tried to load another nodal force; it again did nothing. Why 2012 version don't add nodal forces? Is there a bug or am i doing something stupid?

Message 5 of 9
S.LI

I didn't see this problem in 2012.

If possible, please share your model, so that I can check it in my 2012.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 6 of 9
John_Holtz

Hi,

You might want to skip 2012 and just install the newly released 2013. 2013 has many enhancements which I hope you find useful, such as

• a combined point/rectangle selection
  • choosing a load or constraint command from the ribbon displays the dialog box immediately and has a mini toolbar from which you can change the selection
  • any much, much more!

But regarding the 2012,

(1) What analysis type? Is the problem the same with other analysis types?

(2) When you choose the vertices, right-click, choose "inquire" just to confirm that only vertices are selected. (another means of confirming a previous suggestion of selecting vertices versus construction points, etc)

(3) After you right-click > "Add > Nodal Forces", does the interface lock up? Or can you continue with other things such as selecting a surface and adding a pressure? If the interface locks up, it may indicate that the Nodal Force dialog is working but appears "off of the screen". If this were the case, I suggest trying just one monitor (if you have multiple monitors) or changing the screen resolution.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius šŸ˜‰
Message 7 of 9
ramses061
in reply to: John_Holtz

Oh really?

When the Simulation Mechanical 2013 realised? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Edited: Ok I just found it. Thank you very much. I will install and share my experiences to you.

Message 8 of 9
ramses061

I installed the 2013 version and "Adding the Nodal Force problem" is solved. Now i can add easily. Bu i was hoping that a very important disadvantage of Autodesk simulation would be solved but i am disappointed. To input at the same time a viscoelastic material property as the short term shear modulus and long term shear modulus is still impossible. We can still only add one of them šŸ˜ž

Message 9 of 9
scudelari

I am glad to hear that the new version fixes this problem. I really am.

\o/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report