Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to algor, need help with fluid/thermo analysis

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pendletongp
615 Views, 3 Replies

new to algor, need help with fluid/thermo analysis

Hi,

I just installed Algor.  I am trying to do a thermal analysis on a cpu waterblock but I cannot figure out how to model the simulation.  The tutorials that come with algor don't really cover something like that.  Can anyone point me towards a tutorial or a demo that shows some variation of pumped fluid over a cooling block?  Or even something that is remotely similar would be helpful.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
shakeel.mirza
in reply to: pendletongp

This one might be a good starting point:

http://download.autodesk.com/us/algor/tutorials/FEMPRO_Online_Tutorials.htm

detail explanation of your problem will help us help you better;)

Message 3 of 4

Message 4 of 4
pendletongp
in reply to: shakeel.mirza

Hey thanks for the tutorial links.  I am really just trying to get the hang of algor.  I just got it.  I am trying to do a very basic analysis of the cooling ability of a cpu waterblock design.  Until I get good with algor I am just doing a simple model.  Basically a piece of copper that has a heating load on the bottom and channels in the top for water to be pumped through to carry the heat away.  I want to create a temperature graph that shows the heat of the water as it passes through the block.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report