Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help understanding modal analysis with load stiffening

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DonaldR.Culp7481
319 Views, 2 Replies

Need help understanding modal analysis with load stiffening

Hello --

I understand modal analysis. I need help when load stiffening is added.

1. Can load stiffening be used with axisymmetric and brick models?

2. Are the loads applied just as though this were a static analysis? If not, then how?

3. What kinds of loads can be applied (nodal forces, surface forces, pressures)?

4. Are there any tutorials?

Thanks.
Don Culp

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Don,

1. Yes.
  2. Yes.
  3. I think that any type of load that causes tension or compression can be used. Hopefully, the software will not let you apply a load if it is not applicable to the analysis type.
  4. I do not know, but "Getting Started > Help > Tutorials" would be a good starting point. If there is a tutorial related to the different dynamic analyses, look in there.

FYI: Another source of "tutorials" is in the documentation under the section "Examples". I know that there is not one for modal analysis with load stiffening, but this source may help someone else that reads this thread.

Message 3 of 3

John --

There is supposed to be a tutorial here (http://engineeringexploration.autodesk.com/content/section-2-linear-material-analysis) in Module 5 (2.5 Part B: Frequency Analysis Load Stiffening). Unfortunately, both videos are for the same lesson (2.5 Part A: Frequency Analysis Linear Systems).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report