Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
adi987
354 Views, 1 Reply

Natural Ventilation

Hi !

I would like to ask for some rough guidance/steps of how to simulate an office room for natural ventilation. I don't have much experience with CFD programs and I couldn't find any tutorials on the internet for this so common simulation of a single office room. So what I did until now is:

- Made a 3d model in Acad with all the volumes of the room filled with solid materials (pipes, diffuse ceiling, air volume etc.)

- Generated mesh (some of them unmatched, don't know if that's a problem...)

From here I tried to assign a pressure for inlet of air and since the room is airtight I figured it should work and should just push run simulation... but I can't, the program won't let me.

So if someone could tell me what are the rough steps from here so at least I would have an overview of what I should look for next. Some good tutorials would be great too, although I couldn't find anything related to buiding services/civil contructions on the internet.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adi987
in reply to: adi987

ScreenShot005.png

Office 3d Model

ScreenShot006.png

Air inlet from facade

This is the single office I'm trying to simulate a 3D flow in. I want to know how the air will ditribute and with what

temperature will it arrive, volcity etc. It's want to have a graphical representation of the air flow for presentation purposes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report