Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiphysics Fluid Flow and Thermal Issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
spencer32
697 Views, 2 Replies

Multiphysics Fluid Flow and Thermal Issue

Hello,

I am trying to simulate the behavior of some transistors mounted on a cold plate (liquid cooled) and the solver seems to be struggling to converge. It is likely that I have something setup incorrectly.

Basically I have a fluid flowing through a tube (embedded in coldplate) with a surface prescribed velocity at one open end and a surface prescribed outlet at the other open end. On each transistor I have a heat generation load. I want to simulate the behavior with 70degC water at the inlet so I added a surface applied temperature at the inlet, though I am not sure this is the correct approach.

I am hoping the simulation will show a temperature gradient across the transistors and the fluid within the tube. I know I can define a heat load (negative) for the fluid but it seems that the sim should determine this based on the flow rate I specify, the intital temperature of the fluid and the specific gravity of water which is already specified by the material.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

P.S. When clicking Preform Analysis, I get an error (see attached)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
spencer32
in reply to: spencer32

I meant to say specific heat not specific gravity.

Message 3 of 3
Joey.X
in reply to: spencer32

The error message indicates the incorrect or illeage input which can't be accepted from the software, please check the model settings.

For convergence issue in fuild/thermal coupled analysis, I assume that the gravity is on and so that thermal buoyancy force plays, one knowning defect in ALGOR is that the outlet surface needs to be perpendicular to gravity direction since ALGOR does not handle the static pressure compensation if there are pressure gradient from the gravity.If you case falling in this case, usually you will have convergence issue.

Jianhui Xie, Ph.D
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report