Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiphysics/CFD - User Interface

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Mccabe79
420 Views, 0 Replies

Multiphysics/CFD - User Interface

I have been runnning simulations in different software packages (Infolytica, COMSOL, ANSYS) but I'm new to the Autodesk Simulation family and I have a few questions that I hope some more experienced users could help me with.

1) When running a transient thermal analysis in MP, if I click on "Body to Body Radiation" is there any way to remove or disable that radation? Also, once a second enclosure is added and becomes no longer needed in a future simulation, is there any way to remove an enclosure?

2) When running CFD, is there a way to select surfaces without using the "hide surface" feature? The "hide surface" feature attached to the center mouse button is one of the better features that I've come to like about CFD, however it frequenctly crashes the software and/or my graphics card. I've queried Nvidia but they are simply pointing the finger at CFD.

3) When running CFD, why is there an option to disable "flow" in the solver? If I run a model with flow and thermal enabled and it solves correctly, then I uncheck flow from the solver, with the intent to solve the same probelm without a fluid flow, "the solver quits unexpectedly". I've seen mentions in other posts that flows must exisit in CFD. If this case is true, why allow it to be disable?

Personally, I might be biased to other platforms and maybe I'm just having a difficult time adjusting to Autodesk. If it were up to me, I'd use COMSOL or ANSYS but both are academic licenses. Infolytica is excellent for electromagnetics but the thermal solver does not include view factor calculations which is particularly important in my industry. Thus, I'm left with Autodesk for radition/CFD at work. The last few weeks I've managed to crash so many models in CFD or failed to solve in MP, that I'm becoming disenfranchised with these products. I'd appreciate any help from the community. Thank you.

-MP/CFD 2013
-Windows 7 64-bit
-Intel Xeon W3550
-Nvidia Quadro 4000 2GB
-24 GB DDR3 RAM

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report