Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiphsysics 2013 Tutorial?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dwhamm
396 Views, 1 Reply

Multiphsysics 2013 Tutorial?

Hey guys,

So I am new to Simulation Multiphysics, but have used other autodesk software like Inventor, and was wondering if anyone new a good place to find some tutorials, specially about vibrational analysis.

For reference I am a graduate level mechanical engineering student at Virginia Tech working on a research project and was assigned to complete computer based vibration analysis.  I am new to the software, actually it is still installing so I haven't even opened it yet.  

Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tim
Enthusiast
in reply to: dwhamm

dwhamm,

I have sometimes found info a bit hard to find.  For $200-300 you can get the official autodesk training manuals (part 1 and 2) from Ascent.  These are a good foundation for using ASM.  There is nothing in these for say frequency response or random vibration although they do give you a start with natural frequency analysis.

I've copied the next paragraph from this forum

"I suggest you start with the example in the documentation to familiarize yourself with the Frequency Response analysis: Help > Autodesk Simulation > Examples > Linear and Dynamic Stress > Ground Motion -Vibrating Support. (This link goes to the online wiki which is for the current software, 2012. The Help in your product has the version of the example appropriate for your software, 2011.)"

Other possible sources are searching for youtube videos.  Don't forget ASM was previously known as Algor or Autodesk Algor.   The search term "simulation mechanical" sometimes helps.

You could also try the site Eng-Tips.  They have an Algor/ASM section.  I have been helped there.  There is an Autodesk Simulation page on facebook and also LinkedIn has a group called Autodesk Simulation Users.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report