Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Nodes (How to?)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lemensk
441 Views, 2 Replies

Moving Nodes (How to?)

I would like to move several hundered construction vertices over a few inches, but everytime I try to acomplish this simulation prevents me from changing its place in space.  I am able to move lines, but this seems to be the extent of Simulations capabilies.

I really am not in the mood to delete and redeclare 50+ bolt meshes, is it possible to move construction nodes?  Or should I just scrap this model and utilize other programs that allow easy model manipulation?

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lemensk
in reply to: lemensk

It is pretty apparent and sad that there is no solution for this situation.

I am curious as to the reason why anybody would prevent the user from moving construction objects in the first place.

Message 3 of 3
Stefan2653
in reply to: lemensk

Lemensk,

It appears that construction nodes are indeed not movable if they are unconnected to lines. However, you can move them if you connect a construction line to each vertex. You can then choose the "select construction objects" mode, select either only the new construction lines or window the lines and nodes. Once they are all selected, perform a draw/move or copy to move the lines and nodes to their new location. You can then delete the new construction lines or leave them. I don't believe they will have an effect on the results.

Obviously, this is not the best way to perform this move, but without the ability to move just the construction vertices, this seems to be your best option.

Stefan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report