Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
SolutionPE
305 Views, 1 Reply

Meshing Error

I am trying to simulate a simple fixture but I keep getting meshing error. I tried to tweak the mesh size but with no success. I am attaching screen capture. Thanks

Error Message

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Sualp.Ozel
in reply to: SolutionPE

Looks like Part 1 is the problem part. The error message reports that Part 1 is not a solid object.

There could be two issues:

A)  You are trying to Solid mesh a Surface part.  the fix for this is straight forward. Change the Mesh setting for part 1 to "Part settings" and change the mesh type to surface

B) Part 1 (even though it was modeled as a solid object) was imported to Autodesk Simulation Mechanical as a surface object. if this is the problem, try to import the geometry to simulation mechanical using a different format such as STEP or SAT, or try to fix the original CAD model using Inventor Fusion

If you are still having issues please send your Autodesk Simulation Mechanical Archive file and the CAD files to our tech support department.

Best Regards

Sualp Ozel, PE

Product Manager

Digital Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums