Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meshing difficulty 2014 sp1

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tim
Enthusiast
405 Views, 1 Reply

meshing difficulty 2014 sp1

Hi,

I am trying to model a flat concrete brick wall which is built out of hollow bricks.  Each brick has two rectangular shaped cavities. I have made each brick deliberately simple to

avoid meshing difficulties for example, the wall thickness is 50mm on every side.

Each brick is 400mmx200mmx200mm.  I have assembled them with inventor 2013.  I tried meshing with 50 mm bricks thinking I would have zero problems.

I have now had about 15 crashes just trying to surface mesh!  After that, itried lots of variation on the brick size including automesh etc.  Still no real change.  Lots of crashes.

I got so sick of it, I took the problem home to my home PC which is only a week old,,,,..same problem.

I got it to surface mesh once with no apparrent errors only to have it crash during solid meshing.

Previous to this, I have had little trouble meshing providing I have clean geometry to begin with.

Can some one please advise?  This should be the simplest mesh that I could throw at it!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tim
Enthusiast
in reply to: tim

here is the geometry file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report