Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
726 Views, 1 Reply

Mesh error

Hi i want to simulate velocity. The parts are drawn in Inventor, assemblyed in Fusion and a Fluied has been created
with success. All parts, exept fluid was then deletet in Fusion. After that i have exported it to "Simulation MultiPhysics 2013 " Where i have defined the element type as 3D, material as water.
I have set the mesh option to "Absolute Mesh Size 0,2mm",Solid,
and as "Tetrahedra and Wedges (boundary layer)". But when i try to generate 3D Mesh i get an error :

"An error has forced meshing to stop. An error occurred,

Region: ecrt_SurfaceMesh_SurfaceInvoke
Type: eht_SEH
Additional information 1:0x0000005
Additional information 2:

The part was not meshed
"

What am i doing wrong?? When there was no problem in Fusion when i generated the fluied??

The same error ocurre when i assemble it all in inventor and try to simulate in MultiPhysics ??

I have also tryed folowing adjustments: In mesh setting: Attempt completion with errors, allow microholes, Absolute Mesh size 1mm, unchek the VCAD.

I've found a message on your discussion group from 07-01-2011 from mr Zhanghanz. He said that the person should:
"
Option 1. Uncheck the option "Use virtual imprint" under "Model Mesh Settings" dialog -> "Model" tab.

This is likely to resolve the error. The downside will be you might have less perfectly matched mesh between parts, which could still be sufficent for analysis.

Optin 2. Turn off "Use VCAD" and uncheck the option "Automatically refine surface mesh" under "Model Mesh Settings" dialog -> "Model" tab.
"
But i can't find the "Use virtual imprint" option in Multiphysics 2013??

And when i turn off VCAD i don't mesh at all ??

Best regards

Carsten

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
zhanghanz
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't see the error you encountered. I am able to mesh the model with "Tetrahedra and wedges" with the following settings:

1. "Use automatic geometry-based mesh size function" unchecked

2.  Absolute mesh size 0.5. 0.2 should work but could be too small and lead to too many elements.

3. 4 top faces on the big cylinders are "Excluded from boundary layer". This is not required but would be better if they are the inlets/outlets.

4. Boundary layer option "Extrusion distance based on" is changed to "Percentage average local size".

Imprint operation is for multiple-part model. You will not see this option for a single part model.

I am not able to attch the meshed model because its size being too large. But you should be able to get it meshed with the above settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report