Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MES Simulation of screw insertion

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
324 Views, 1 Reply

MES Simulation of screw insertion

Hi,

I am still new to autodesk simulation mechanical and currently working on the optimization of a screw geometry including threat geometry and pitch numbers, height and so on. Now I would like to run a MES model in order to investigate the stresses at the threat during insertion. I attached an image of the setup I would like to use. That will involve a prescribed displacement on the top surface of the screw and also a rotational motion. I am quite sure, that I'll be able to get the prescribed displacement running, but I don't know how to include the rotational motion. Brick elements can't rotate, thus I need to somehow add other elements. Unfortunately, I don't know how to achieve that. Furthermore I would like to know if it will be possible to run such a complex model or if convergence or other calculation related issue will prohibit this. If you have other suggestions how to simplify the model, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Thomas,

I suggest searching the documentation for the page named "Examples of Contact". It shows how to connect beam elements to the face of the bricks so that you can transmit a moment; i.e., a prescribed rotation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report