Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MES - event duration problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kohlerf
592 Views, 5 Replies

MES - event duration problem

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with setting up MES with durations of less than 1s (s. screenshot, red frame).

The program seems to accept whole numbers only. If I enter 0.1 (0,1 in Germany) it is set to 1 automatically.

Has anyone an idea how to change this. Maybe it is a restriction of the student version of the software?!

I am using the student version of Autodesk Mechanical 2014 64bit in German.

Thank you very much in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: kohlerf

I suggest you try entering 0.1 (with a period. not a comma,) There may be some areas of the software that do not use the Windows regional settings.

Message 3 of 6
kohlerf
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Thank you for your response!

I've already tried your advice, however the software does not accept a period instead of a comma. If I enter 0.1 it is automaticall set to 1. If I enter 1.1 it is automaticall set to 11 and so on.

Do you have any further ideas? I could try reinstalling the software.

Message 4 of 6
kohlerf

The problem occurs in "MES with nonlinear materials" scenarios only.

As soon as I switch to static stress analysis with nonlinear materials, I can apply shorter durations.

Message 5 of 6
Roelof.Feijen

Hi,

A reinstall won't change anything. If have seen this before. Change the decimal settings. Use the period as a decimal setting.

Regional Settings.PNG

Roelof Feijen

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
Message 6 of 6
kohlerf
in reply to: Roelof.Feijen

Thank you very much. Everything works fine now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report