Discussion Groups

Simulation Mechanical and Multiphysics

Contributor
ashwikgreddy

MES and Fluid flow problem

167 Views, 5 Replies
10-23-2011 03:41 PM

I have a simple hollow drum. I am able to rotate the drum around an axis by using MES analysis. Now i want to fill the half drum with water and again roate the drum. How do i do this, am having trouble. Please help. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Employee
sunj.autodesk

Re: MES and Fluid flow problem

10-28-2011 11:52 AM in reply to: ashwikgreddy

what kind of results are you looking for? can you be more specific about your problem?

Please use plain text.
Employee
zhuangs

10-28-2011 01:40 PM in reply to: ashwikgreddy

You can try this: (1) Set the water as another different part, (2) set up surface contact between the outward surface of the wather and the inner surface of the drum.

I am wondering what kind of material model you are planning to use for water and whether you was planning to use hydrodynamtic element.

Note that "Hydrodynamic elements allow for the simulation of the interaction of fluids with solids without considering the details of the flow. These elements are suited for well contained fluids since the motion of the fluid, such as sloshing, is not taken into account."

Shoubing 

ashwikgreddy wrote:

I have a simple hollow drum. I am able to rotate the drum around an axis by using MES analysis. Now i want to fill the half drum with water and again roate the drum. How do i do this, am having trouble. Please help. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ashwikgreddy

10-28-2011 03:10 PM in reply to: zhuangs

If i also need the fluid flow simulation, like finding the path of a fluid flowing inside the rotating drum- then do i need the Autodesk CFD motion software ?. AM assuming multiphysics does not consider fluid flows ( verifying how the fluid is flowing through my moving parts)....am i correct ?

Please use plain text.
Employee
sunj.autodesk

10-31-2011 06:48 AM in reply to: ashwikgreddy

There is a fluid analysis processor in Autodesk Multiphysics. But based on your description, it looks like a fluid solid coupling problem and currently the coupled approach is not supported.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ashwikgreddy

10-31-2011 08:32 AM in reply to: sunj.autodesk

Can i get this solid rotary and fluid flow with your Autodesk CFD motion software ?

Please use plain text.