Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging file not working

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ramses061
348 Views, 2 Replies

Merging file not working

Hi everybody,

I am opening a new simulation file and when i try to merge some parts which have .fem extension nothing happens. But in the previous program called Algor i could be able to easily merge them. Now in new simulation mechanical i can't merge them. But when i try open it, the program opens it correctly with no errors.

I tried some other methods. For example i open an existing part and try to merge some other parts, it doesn't merge them.

Can someone suggest me an idea?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: ramses061

Hi,

I have not heard of any merging problems, so some additional information would be helpful.

1. What version are you using? ("Help > About" shows the version. The current version is 2012.01.00.0017.)
  2. Is the first model a hand-drawn model, imported from a CAD solid model, or combination of the two?
  3. Is the merged model a hand-drawn model, imported from a CAD solid model, or combination of the two?
  4. If merging a CAD solid model, Have you tried to merge the .FEM file? Have you tried to merge the original CAD solid model files?

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
Stefan2653
in reply to: ramses061

Hi,

One thing to check is that both the base model and the imported model are in the same design scenario. In other words, if the base model you are working with is design scenario 2, then your imported part/model must be in design scenario 2 as well.

Stefan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report