Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
273 Views, 1 Reply

measuring the angle

Hi everybody.

I'm doing a dynamic analysis with a human head neck system. I apply a dynamic impact to the head and i want to measure the head's motion. I obtain some results like stresses and displacements. But i want to measure some point's angle changes while moving, at the end of the analysis due to its original position at the start of the analysis.

Can you suggest me some idea?

Thanks from now.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi ramses061,

I assume you have a solid model (brick or tet elements) and therefore cannot plot a contour of the rotation results ("Results Contours > Displacements > Rotation" or something like that). I can think of two different options:

1. Calculate the angle between 3 points (or 2 lines formed by 4 points). This can be done using vector math which you should be able to find in a book on geometry or calculus.
  2. There are two types of elements that give rotation results: shell elements and beam elements. So if you need the rotation result at a few nodes, apply a few beam elements in the area of interest.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report