Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mat'l Database in 64-bit system

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Haarman
430 Views, 4 Replies

Mat'l Database in 64-bit system

Has anyone experience any problems with the mat'l database lagging in a 64-bit system. Changing the mat'l can take up to a couple minutes. Viewing the mat'l properties takes even longer. Let me know if you have experienced this and maybe have a solution. In my old 32-bit system, there was virtually no delay.

Thanks,

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
John_Holtz
in reply to: Haarman

Hi Matt,

I have not heard of this exact problem between 32-bit and 64-bit, but I do have two questions that may reveal the issue.

1. Are you using the same version of Algor Simulation on the 32- and 64-bit computers?

2. Are you seeing the delay when you are assigning a material to a part (right-clicking or double-clicking on the "Material" branch in the browser), or is this occurring when managing the material libraries ("Tools > Manage Material Library)?

Release 2011 added a new material library with about 8000 plastics. If I remember correctly, these additional materials may cause a noticable delay when accessing the library (item 2), but I did not notice any significant differences when assigning a material in the model (item 1).

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 5
Haarman
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John,
Thanks for the reply. I am using the same version of algor (Release:  ALGOR 19.30.00) on both systems. I am only seeing the delay when clicking on the mat'l branch in the browser. I tried going to tools>manage media library and that was very fast, even going into editing.
Everything else in the programs seems to work at normal speed, and I think doing analysis is actually faster, it just seems to be selecting mat'l that causes the delay.
Thanks
Message 4 of 5
dharhay

I have seen no problems with speed in editing/saving in the 64 bit system on my Dell Precision T1500, 8meg ram system.  When we had the 32 bit, I still did not see any issues.  Always edited/saved in seconds.

Dave H
Message 5 of 5
Haarman

I have the same system, precision T1500, 8Gig ram. Thanks for letting me know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report