Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line part number assignment issue

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tomsum
294 Views, 0 Replies

Line part number assignment issue

I am running a multiple component assembly where the individual parts are connected by pin joints. I connect the parts by drawing lines between the pin center axis points. I activate the draw line command and adjust the part number assignment to the next available number. I click the center of each pin joint axis to create the line. Once I have one joint complete I toggle the line part number to the next available number and move to another pinned joint. I draw a line on the center axis points and the line properties are sometimes applied to the specified part number, but sometimes the line properties are assigned to the previous part number even though the dialogue box has the correct number assigned.

This situation is frustrating because those lines that are not assigned properly have to be either isolated and properties changed or deleted and redrawn. I have been very careful to toggle the part number in the dialogue box and it is a toss-up whether it will work or not.

I am running Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2013 SP 2

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report