Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitations of bricks and wedges mesh type

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1287 Views, 5 Replies

Limitations of bricks and wedges mesh type

Hello to everyone,

when i try to use this mesh type i notice that in browser the element type is set to brick. My question is this element type has the same limitation of a normal brick elements?

Thanks,

Matteo

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hupn
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Brick element type can handle both brick and wedge, the latter is treated as degenerated brick. There is not separate element type for wedge in Autodesk Simulation. If I understand your question correctly, the brick element type set automatically is not different with the normal one, it is just smartly set to make the all the elements can be handled properly. You can actually set part based mesh setting if you have multiple parts if you want Tet mesh for some parts.

phu 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: hupn

thank you per the prompt response, but probably I expressed myself badly (my english is not so good...). I was talking about of layered mesh option in "solid" tab of 3D mesh settings command. See the picture in the attachment.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Buon Giorno Matteo,

you forgot the attachment 🙂

Ooops, as i see now you allready realised it. 

Regards

Matthias 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Buongiorno Matthias!

i edit the post and insert the attachment Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
hupn

Ok, hope I get what you meant. This mesh setting is specifically for thin solid part to produce better quality mesh. It is just another way to let mesher create the mesh with extra information. From the finite element solver side, there is no different between the elements created from this mesher option or "brick" mesh option.

phu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report