Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limitation to fatigue wizard?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bjorn_fallqvist
571 Views, 2 Replies

Is there a limitation to fatigue wizard?

Hello,

So far I have only been able to run fatigue wizard with reasonably small models. When I tried running a large model (about 800 000 DoF) I get an error saying "Out of memory". I have over 50GB free space and 32GB of RAM, so I don't see what it's complaining about. For somewhat smaller models (about 450 000 DoF) fatigue wizard simply does not start. Is there some kind of limitation on how big a model it can handle?

/Björn
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I am running Algor Sim 2011 x64 edition and I get the same as what you described as well. I also have large memory and disk space. I ran small models successfully and then ran progressively larger models until FW does not start at all.

I hope the development team answers this question for us.

Message 3 of 3
nosborne
in reply to: bjorn_fallqvist

I am using Simulation Mechanical 2012 and the fatigue wizard still works on a small model with 80000 DOF but will not run at all on a larger model with 154000 DOF. The models are both using linear static analysis results with similar settings - the only difference is the mesh is all tets in the larger model.

I get a "runtime error 6 - overflow" message".

Has anybody found a workaround for this issue???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report