Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal surface / wall

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
s.r.walker
516 Views, 2 Replies

Internal surface / wall

Good morning,

I hope someone can help me with this question... I've done a fair bit of CFD but I'm not very experienced with Simulation Multiphysics yet.

I am trying to model a turbine in water, so I have a simple 3D box, with a 2D disc floating in the middle of it. I want to set a velocity at the inlet to the domain, roughness on the floor, and outlet at the other end. I can do this fine, but what I can't do is set the 2D turbine disc as a pressure defacit or semi-permeable surface.

My box is part 1, and the disc is part 2. I have set the meshing setting to "Part", and part 2 as a plate / surface, but I would imagine I need to specify this surface as an internal wall with mesh both sides. Currently the model reports errors when I try to mesh it.

So, the question - how do I define a surface as a 2D internal surface, and then define a pressure defacit on it?

Thanks very much,

Stu

PS. Have attached a screenshot in case this helps!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joey.X
in reply to: s.r.walker

You can define internal fan boundary condition (flow rate or velocity BC) on the "2D disc", which should be surface(s) of some part, note that the whole modeling should have matched pair surface(s) on other part, you don't need to define anything on the pair surface, the pressure drop on internal fan/turbine depends on the surrounding environment, software will take care of them in runtime computation.

Btw, refer to document for more details of simulation Multiphysics internal fan BC.

Jianhui Xie, Ph.D
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation
Message 3 of 3
s.r.walker
in reply to: Joey.X

Thanks. It appears to be working now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report