Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERNAL FLUID CONSIDERATIONS

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
lopexergy
817 Views, 7 Replies

INTERNAL FLUID CONSIDERATIONS

Hi, I have followed the considerations to build a HEat Exchanger using Inventor, then passed to Simulation for create the two internal fluid systems.

When imported have knit the surface too.

I Don't know what to do with the model to build correctly the internal fluids.

Any idea?

See heat exchanger attached

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
derrek.cooper
in reply to: lopexergy

hello.. the easiest way to do it is to create "caps" on all of the openings. You can either do it as a multi-bodied part or as an assy. Just dont merge them with the heat exchanger. When you launch into CFD, it will automatically create the fluid part. The idea is that you want to create a water-tight model and CFD will "fill the void"

here is an image of a typical "cap"

8-16-2011 12-17-19 PM.png

Derrek Cooper
Director, Inventor Products
Message 3 of 8
lopexergy
in reply to: derrek.cooper

Thanks for you answer, then you say:

1. Fill all the inlet and oulet pipe with cap.

2. This "CAP" is like a solid (in the same ipt) that seal the pipe.

3. THen open into A.Simulation.

4. Generate the internal fluid.

The CAP function is to seal all the inlet and oulet that I don't select at the Simulation when I define the internal fluid?

For example at this design we have 3 pipes where are the inlet of fluid, I put this CAP into two and the other one is free??

Please tell me if I have understand your message.

Message 4 of 8
derrek.cooper

Yes.. But, often the caps are used as the part of the fluid space. Often times in CFD, an extension is used for the fluid at the inlet and outlet. to place a boundary condition away from the actual inlet/outlet.

Take a look at the attached. If this isn't clear, you may want to contact support and they can walk you through it.

derrek

Derrek Cooper
Message 5 of 8
lopexergy

Thanks Derrek

Now I'm really lost.

If I put those caps, then at ASim, I need to define the internal fluid, the software asks me two kind of surface, the interior surface (I pick the interior of a pipe) and the bounding surface (I pick the cross sectional of the pipes that are involved with the fluid)

I understand about the extra fluid for a boundary condition outside, but, With this caps, how I define that?

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
derrek.cooper

there may be some miscommunication on my part. Are you using Simulation Multiphysics or Simulation CFD (former CFdesign)? They are similar but very different products and workflows for now.

I am explaining the procedure for Simulation CFD (CFdesign). Where are you located? May be worth putting you in touch with the support team and they can walk you through the process.

If you are using Multiphysics, I can put you in touch with guys on that team to help,.

Derrek Cooper
Tags (2)
Message 7 of 8
lopexergy

Uau, don't tell me.

I'm working with Autodesk Multiphysics 2012.

That's why I do not understand you.

Do you know who could help me?

Regards

Message 8 of 8
Joey.X

In Simulation Multiphysics, you can do internal fluid part generation as well, refer to help which has detail descriptions.

Jianhui Xie, Ph.D
Principal Engineer
MFG-Digital Simulation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report