Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incad transfer not working on V2011

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tomsum
707 Views, 7 Replies

Incad transfer not working on V2011

We installed V2011 last week. The first model that I analyzed worked fine. After the first model the Incad Transfer from Inventor to Algor stopped working. When I tell the model to "Mesh" from Inventor, Algor starts and the text at the bottom tells me to wait and the file is being imported. Nothing happens from there. I also tried opening the Inventor file from Algor, and I also get nothing. The work around so far is to export the Invetor file as a .step file. I can then open the .step file from Algor. Is there a known issue with the file transfer utility? How do I get the transfer utility back up and running?

Thanks,
Tom Steffan
Unverferth Mfg. Inc.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
henderh
in reply to: tomsum

Hi Tom,

If you are "pulling" the Inventor model into Algor, could you try having Inventor launched beforehand?

Hope this helps...

Best regards, -Hugh (Autodesk)

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Hi, Tom,

It seems your Incad module hasn't been started when transferring your model.
Could you help to try your first model (or some other models) to see whether
the translation can still work or not?

Best Regards,
Jacky Xu (Autodesk)
Message 4 of 8
tomsum

I have tried downloading from Inventor. I have tried opening from Algor while Inventor is running. I have even tried multiple models (both .ipt and .iam) using either method. The text in the lower left corner of Algor says it is importing the model and then switches to "ready", but no model is ready to go. I can still go into the new or open dialogs and open an existing .fem model or open a "dumb" solid such as a .step file, but no direct transfer.

-Tom
Message 5 of 8
tomsum

I just tried loading another new model, and the Incad transfer worked fine. I may not have been patient enough on my earlier model. If the Algor screen is waiting to load the model, you can pick the menus before the model is finished loading. Once a menu is picked, the Incad transfer stops. Earlier I was waiting a minute or two and then noticed that I could select the menus. I think at that point I caused the transfer to stop. It would be nice if the menus are not selectable while an Incad transfer is taking place. Even just hovering the mouse over the menus changes the text from "Importing....." to the menu title that is hovered over. It is an assumption that if the text no longer states that it is trying to import the model that the import is finished.

-Tom
Message 6 of 8
jjs-autodesk

(Repost of previously botched post.)

Interesting.

By any chance would you happen to recall which menu item(s) you clicked? (I think I'm going to log an issue regarding this.)

Joel Schultz (Autodesk)
Principal Engineer
Engineering Design and Simulation
Manufacturing Industry Group
Autodesk

Joel Schultz
Principal Engineer
PDG-Simulation
Message 7 of 8
tomsum

Joel,
I clicked the icon for open, and I think I also selected the File menu once. I was assuming that the model was not going to open, so I clicked the icon or menu to try opening the model from Algor. That opened the "open" dialogue box and I believe stopped the transfer.

-Tom
Message 8 of 8
jjs-autodesk

Thank you; this will be very helpful in my report regarding your issue.

Joel Schultz (Autodesk)
Principal Engineer
Engineering Design and Simulation
Manufacturing Industry Group
Autodesk

Joel Schultz
Principal Engineer
PDG-Simulation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report