Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't run Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2012 here, what should I do?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
marlonsaveri
1108 Views, 4 Replies

I can't run Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2012 here, what should I do?

Hi, I'd installed "Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2012" from Autodesk site when I was looking for Algor. I signed in and taked a Serial Number and a Product Key.

After some days, the softwares isn't running. It was reinstalled, but this message keeps be shown:

The first time, this: "You are attempting to run a version of Autodesk Simulation other than the one last registered on this system(). Only one version can be registered at a time.
To use this version, you must first exit all other copies of Autodesk Algor Simulation"

And then: "You are attempting to run a version of Autodesk Simulation other than the one last registered on this system(). Only one version can be registered at a time.
Would you like to try to register this version now?"

I cliked yes, but:

"Registering this version of Autodesk Simulation
Please wait"

"want to allow the program to then make changes to this computer?
Program Name: Registry Editor
supplier checked: Microsoft Windows"
(Yes, 6 times)

"Unexpected error; quitting" (OK, 4 times)

Finally:
"Autodesk Simulation is not registerd correctly. Please use the Add/Remove Programs option in the Control Panel to repair the installation"

Once, it oppened, but I could not open the tutorial. When I looked for help, it showed:

"To Activate Autodesk Simulation 2012:
    Start Autodesk Simulation and select the Activate button.
    Log in using your Autodesk User ID account. If you do not have an account, you can create one".

But I couldn't find the "Activate button".

So, how can I use the software?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
John_Holtz
in reply to: marlonsaveri

Hi, sorry to hear about your problems.

My guess is that the identification (id) number used for the license is tied to a netword or hardware id that changes periodically on  your system.

Your problem would be better handled by the installation group. Their discussion group is located here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 5
marlonsaveri
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thanks, I sent the question to other category and the software is being downloaded again

Message 4 of 5
marlonsaveri

John, thanks, I've found the Activation button in help/about/product information/activate. I think it's ok now.

Message 5 of 5
marlonsaveri

No, it doesn't work. Unfortunately the problem remains

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report