Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to simulate a suspended assembly?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AnchorChain
280 Views, 1 Reply

How to simulate a suspended assembly?

I want to know the reactions at my connection points within a suspended assembly.

I have (2) large winch assemblies of approximately 20,000# each that will be welded together using a lightweight intermediate frame section.  I want to study the connection points of the winch assemblies to the frame section between the two larger assemblies as a suspended load.  The winch assemblies have (4) lifting points each that the entire welded out assembly will be lifted by, total of (8) points.

What I did was apply a fixed constraint at each connection between the winch assembly and the frame and then apply gravity only and simulate.  Ultimately is this the correct way to get my reactions at the connection points?

Also this was done using the Simulation within Inventor Pro 2014, not Mechanical Simulation.

Thanks,

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor 2014 Ultimate
Windows 8 Pro
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
arizawilmer
in reply to: AnchorChain

Hello

can you place a diagram or a cad file of the assemby.It is easy to know the type of joints .

Wilmer Ariza
Researcher Control and SI with AI for autonomous underwater vehicles
PhD student(Australian Maritime College-University of Tasmania)
Master of engineering (Advance Manufacturing Technology- Swinburne University of Technology)
Mechatronic Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report