Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resume the current analysis?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ccz90
727 Views, 5 Replies

How to resume the current analysis?

I want to resume the current analysis from ealier time step. The documention in "Help" indicates there are 3 kinds of different methods. But I find the true operation process is  quiet different form the documention. For example: 

1.Extending an  analysis:  ........4.Selecting the"Analysis : Perform Analysis..." command ,and specify how much longer you want to extended the analysis in the "Extend Total By"....

In fact: If we select "perform analysis" command.  Algor will start the analysis immediately. How to set the extending time?

2. Resuming the Current Analysis: What I can find in Algor is "Restart  the current analysis", and the "restart from step"( not "resume from step") is always to be "0"(unchangeable). How to change that to the  ealier time step? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
S.LI
in reply to: ccz90

For your first question, how to stop automatic analysis. In options->analysis, unchecked "automatic analysis".

"restart the current analysis" is the right one for you, I guess. You just choose that one, and it will resume the current unfinished analysis.

For example, the current analysis stops at step 45, and the total step is 100. "restart the current analysis" will continue from step 46. The previous 45 steps of results are still there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 6
ccz90
in reply to: S.LI

For example, the current analysis stops at step 45, and the total step is 100. "restart the current analysis" will continue from step 46. The previous 45 steps of results are still there

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

continue the example

I  want to change the loading curve from step 20 to 100. 

How to let the analysis restart from step 20 ( just reserve previous 19 steps of results),not from step 46~100?

Thanks!               Ccz90

Message 4 of 6
S.LI

If you want to change the load curve, you have to "restart from another directory".

Finish the analysis to step 20 in DS1, and then copy it to DS2, and update the load curve, then let DS2 restart from DS1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 5 of 6
ccz90
in reply to: S.LI

But in this example, the current analysis stops in step 45, not step 20. I don't want to run my program  from step 0 to 20 again(wasting to much time).What I want is to resume the current analysis  in earlier step . Your reply seems telling me the only way is run the program "again" from step 0~20, then step 21~100. 

Now, my problem is  the setting of "Restart from step" is always to be 0(means the last converged time step). Is there any methods to change that become step 20? Thanks!

Ccz90

Message 6 of 6
John_Holtz

Hi Ccz90,

When wanting to re-start an analysis from a step other than the last time step, you need to indicate that you want to save the re-start steps BEFORE running the original analysis. See the paragraph "Saving Multiple Restart Times" on the page "Autodesk Algor Simulation > Setting Up and Performing the Analysis > Setting Up Part 2 > Nonlinear > Analysis Parameters > Advanced Settings > Performing a Restart Analysis".

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report