Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Network License setup?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
edarlak
511 Views, 3 Replies

How to get Network License setup?

I just recived Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2012.  I paid the network activation fee upon ordering the software, but when I recieved the software, the invoice states the deployment type as standalone.

When I check my contract on the Autodesk website, it indeed shows as a network deployment.

I installed the license manager on the server, and when I try to install a client, and point it to the server, it's looking for a license file, .lic.

Where do I get this .lic file from?

On the back of the software case, there is a serial number and product key, do I just install the clients with that?  That does not seem correct, as it will have to be installed on 4 machines, and shared.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: edarlak

Please call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > Network

You will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new license server.

For faster responses concerning Autodesk licensing issues, please post your questions in the Installation and Network Licensing user forum here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Help Improve the Autodesk Discussion Groups
--------------------------------------------------------
If I was able to resolve your issue, please select the "Accept as Solution" option so that you can help fellow members quickly find solutions to their problems. Please add Kudos to a post if you were helped by a post that you did not author.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
edarlak
in reply to: TravisNave

OK, before you responded, I registered the product online, and gave the server name and MAC address.

I was expecting some kind of notice on how I would recieve the license file, but it just went back one page on the browser.

I assume the file will eventually be emailed to me?

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: edarlak

Yes, the license should be emailed to your on your registered account or the email that you specified when activating.  You can do this from either http://register.autodesk.com or by calling 1-800-551-1490.  You might check to see if the email isn't being blocked by your spam filter.  Typically I get my licenses within just a few minutes of activation.  If you haven't gotten it yet, try calling.  It will be quicker.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report