Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How show composite element orientation ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bossIsaac
679 Views, 4 Replies

How show composite element orientation ?

How show  composite element orientation method in the Pretreatment??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: bossIsaac

I think you cannot show it in the FEA Editor. (I am not sure, but I think you cannot show it in the Results environment either.)

The best you can do is display the element 1, 2, 3 axes from which the lay-up of the plies and the fiber orientations are based on (in some cases). The element axes can be displayed with "View > Visibility > Object Visibility" and selecting the desired axis or axes.

Message 3 of 5
bossIsaac

Composite element orientation can show in the Results environment either.composite element orientation.gif

Excuse me, Are there other ways to check the element orientation before the results?

Easy to check the correctness in the element orientation.

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

I don't know what you mean by Pretreatment, but if you want to check the element orientation before running the analysis, go to View>Visibility>Object Visibility and check the boxes for the axes that you want to display, as was mentioned by John.

Regards

Ilyas 

Message 5 of 5
AstroJohnPE

To get into the Results environment before you run the simulation, use "Analysis > Analysis > Check Model".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report