Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hose Coupling using crimping method

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mikky4usa
334 Views, 1 Reply

Hose Coupling using crimping method

Hello,

I am doing research in hose coupling using crimping method but I do not want to only show  theoretical information without showing the process with the use of software. I want to know if there are guidelines as to how I can use Simulation Mechanical to evaluate hose (rubber) stresses, contact pressures between the hose(rubber) and metal insert, insertion force of the hose, removal force of the hose and the crimping force deformation response during crimping.

I would be grateful if someone can show an example with different photos showing how the parts are constrained and loaded , and how to evaluate the insertion force from the result as well as the removal force and the corresponding deformations.

If there are videos, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
arizawilmer
in reply to: mikky4usa

Hello

You need to use non linear models and transient simulation....

You can find a first tutorial here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYO1ytbgzQM&list=UU4r-k65jeLknBBoVTtSj7Nw

There is specific non linear formulations for rubber ...you only have to select them and setup your properties...

check the theory behind each one and you are going to see what is the correct for you.

Wilmer Ariza
Researcher Control and SI with AI for autonomous underwater vehicles
PhD student(Australian Maritime College-University of Tasmania)
Master of engineering (Advance Manufacturing Technology- Swinburne University of Technology)
Mechatronic Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report