Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geometry Distortion in Algor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Lonelytown
328 Views, 3 Replies

Geometry Distortion in Algor

hey, everyone

I am trying to import a 3D model created in Inventor to Algor.

The model seems distorted while it is loaded, the planes appear shattered in and out.

However, the model seems quite alright after being meshed. The results obtained from the analysis also seems reasonable.

Since I am a beginner in Algor, should I be confident with the results? Is that common of the geometry distortion at the beginning of simulation?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Lonelytown
in reply to: Lonelytown

Does that have anything to do with CAD rendering option? If in that case, is the model merely distorted in the view, but actually is not distorted in the meshing?

Message 3 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: Lonelytown

Welcome Lonelytown.

You are correct about the CAD rendering versus the mesh. What you see in the Results environment is what counts. As long as that is correct, the results are correct.

What the CAD model looks like in the FEA Editor is less important, although in some cases a distorted-looking CAD model is a real symptom of geometry problems. You were "lucky" that your case was just a visualization issue.

P.S. The new software version 2013 just released last week does a much better job with importing Inventor models.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 4 of 4
Lonelytown
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report