Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating error: "Unexpected analysis type(1), wrong design scenario?"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Andrew.Sartorelli
1333 Views, 3 Replies

Generating error: "Unexpected analysis type(1), wrong design scenario?"

When attempting to run a job Simulation Mechanical 2015 was generating an error stating "Unexpected analysis type(1), wrong design scenario?" and the analysis would fail.

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

This error is generated during the decoding process. To determine what part may be generating the error run a "Check model", the log will likely have a FEM2ESH#63 decoding error. Pat Tessaro has posted some information regarding that error:

Error Message: Terminal Error: FEM2ESH#63, FEMAPI#0

Decoding Processor: FEM2ESH                        Error Number: 63

Decoding Module: FEMAPI                               Part Number: 0

Error Description and Proposed Solution:

NO_3D_ELEMENT this can occur if the solid mesh does not exist for originally surface meshed parts.  Normally the solid mesh is generated at the time of analysis, but if one deactivates parts, then surface meshes other parts, then reactivates all parts, only those parts surface meshed last will have the flag set to generate the solid mesh.  Right-click on the problem parts and choose to generate solid mesh, or re-surface mesh the entire model at one time.

For the user experiencing this problem we were able to generate a solid mesh for the specifc part in the FEA editor. After generating the solid mesh we checked the model and determined another part causing this error message. The process was repeated until the model was able to run successfully.

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 4
dharhay
in reply to: Andrew.Sartorelli

Thanks for posting the steps to get around this error to the forum.  I wish I had this method last year as I lost 3 weeks wonering about the Inventor model, and what I was doing incorrectly.

Dave H
Message 4 of 4
zhuangs
in reply to: Andrew.Sartorelli

What kind of analysis type is used for that model?

-Shoubing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report