Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA Results vs Experience

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jpealo
511 Views, 4 Replies

FEA Results vs Experience

I've been working on a large frame sructure for some time and I'd like to be fairly confident that my results are good. I've tested the structure every way I know how (Linear) many times over in the design process in both Inventor FEA and Algor Simulation, but I lack the experience to know if the design will work in the real world like it does in the digital world. As well, the stucture we're building is expensive so building and testing prototypes really isn't an option. I could use an expert opinion from anyone out there who has real world experience with something like this. I've attached the file.

Thanks in Advanced!

Jason

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
M.Peppel
in reply to: jpealo

Hi Jason,

i doubt that anyone here will be able to help you by just taking a look at the picture you have posted. The only chance to get someones opinion will be to post the files that show loads and constraints. Even then it will be hard to predict if your calculations are right because one of the most common mistakes is the use of wrong loads.

HTH Matthias 

Nihil Ex Nihilo
Message 3 of 5
jpealo
in reply to: M.Peppel

M.Peppel, Thanks for the res
Message 4 of 5
jpealo
in reply to: M.Peppel

I'm not sure why the last message cut off. Thanks for the response. I'd be happy to email you the file.

Message 5 of 5
M.Peppel
in reply to: jpealo

Hello Jason,

i would suggest to upload the file to a free file hosting service and post the download link here. This way it is available to other experienced users also without posting there email-adress within this forum.

Cheers

Matthias 

Nihil Ex Nihilo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report