Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA Linear Natural Frequency vs Physical Sine Sweep

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
harshkamdar
352 Views, 0 Replies

FEA Linear Natural Frequency vs Physical Sine Sweep

My name is Harsh and currently I am a forth year Mechanical Engineering student at the National University of Singapore (NUS). I am doing some FEA analysis on a nano-satellite Cubesat structure using multiphysics 2013. 

I just have a few questions which I thought you might have the answers to. I performed a linear natural frequency FEA analysis on the nano-satellite structure with the revalent contraints. I also performed a physical sine sweep using a shaker to obtain the natural frequencies. In the Physical sine sweep, I had to decide on which direction I want the shaker to vibrate and mount the accelerometers accordingly however for the FEA analysis i dont have to indicate the shake axis in the software. 

Can you tell me what are the differences in the two natural frequencies obtained (one by FEA analysis, the other by physical sine sweep) and can they be compared since in the physical sine sweep the shaker is only vibrating in one direction.

Regards,
Harsh.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report