Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatigue wizard slow to start

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LeonardLane1474
440 Views, 3 Replies

Fatigue wizard slow to start

I have a fempro model with an MES and a Static analysis in it. When I go to add-inn and click Fatigue wizard- execute sometimes it takes 20 minutes to popup.  The first time I clicked it it was immediate. After I started seeing the delay I restarted the machine but it still delays starting.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Leonard

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
S.LI
in reply to: LeonardLane1474

Could it be the model/result size effect?

For example, there are too many steps of results in MES analysis, which FW has to read.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 4
LeonardLane1474
in reply to: S.LI

Well it seems tio vary, Sometimes it may take 20 minutes, other times on the same Design scenario it only takes a couple of minutes. I have had a maximum of 60 time steps.

This brings up another point.  Does Fatigue Wizard only work if you do an MES? Or will it run as a static analysis?

The reason I ask this is I have my model set up with a sinusoidally varying load to simulate an unbalanced rotating load. I also ran it a a simple static case with the same maximum load. If I run the MES with the sinusoidal load why do I have to apply the load again (imported as a CSV file) in Fatigue wizard. It seems it would just read the stresses from the Algor MES analysis to apply the load. When I run it as with the MES design scenario highlighted it tells me my design is safe even though we have had a failure. If I run it with the Static linear scenario it tells me the design is unsafe.

Thanks,

Leonard 

Message 4 of 4

Another question, why is the most widely used material in the US (A36 structural) not included in the material library in Fatigue wizard? Or am I not looking in the right place? You would think the material library in Algor would be all you need?

Leonard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report