Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting summary file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
9msl1
336 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting summary file

Hello

I'm running a rather long simulation file and need to access the results via the summary file of the report.

Is there a way to export the summary into a .txt file or some other format automatically?  The summary is so large that  my computer lags trying to access it

Cheers!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Stefan2653
in reply to: 9msl1

Hi,

I'm not sure about exporting the summary file, but you can access the file from your model directory. If you go to the directory where your .fem file is located, go into the "xxx.ds_data" folder (xxx being your model name). Then go into the folder number that corresponds to your analysis case, where you should see about a dozen files. I don't know what type of analysis you have run, but for random vibration the summary file will be the xxx.l7 file, and the log file will be the ***.lg7. You can open both of those with a text editor. If you don't have those exact file extensions, you can just try opening any of the files, and you should be able to find the summary.

Stefan

Message 3 of 4
9msl1

Hello

I ran a frequency response analysis

Thanks again

Message 4 of 4
Stefan2653

Ok, your summary file should be ***.l5 and the log file should be ***.lg5.

Stefan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report