Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export RFI-File to RecurDyn

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ceble
709 Views, 6 Replies

Export RFI-File to RecurDyn

I try to export a RFI-File to use it in RecurDyn. A simple model without any constraints or joint works. But if i try to generate more than one rigid element (face to node), an export is not possible --> System answer: Failure!

The reason why i need the two rigid elements is the requirement in RecurDyn to couple other bodies with the imported RFlex- Body.

What's the problem? Isn't it possible to export models with more than one rigid element? In this case this function would be doting.

Is somebody here who no better?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Andrew.Sartorelli
in reply to: ceble

Hi Ceble,

Current the Simulation Mechanical to RecurDyn export function does not support line or planar elements, which would include rigid elements.  You can read more about the RecurDyn interoperability on the Simulation Mechanical 2015 help site.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 7
ceble
in reply to: Andrew.Sartorelli

Hi,

thank you  for answering quickly.

I acctually can't understand why it works with one rigid element when it's not supported at the moment.

What can I do with RFIs in RecurDyn when there is no possibility to connect them to other parts?

Message 4 of 7
ceble

Hi, my question is already: "Is it possible to export a meshed body with rigid elements to couple them subsequently in RecurDyn with other bodies?" I hope for a positive answer! 🙂
Message 5 of 7
Andrew.Sartorelli

Hi Ceble,

As of Simulation Mechanical 2016 we support exporting rigid elements to RecurDyn. Sualp Ozel, the Product Manager for Simulation Mechanical, provided a webinar last August on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-w_K4Wsrdg

Regards,
Andrew

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 6 of 7
camo26346

are there any more support of exporting to RecurDyn from Autodesk simlation tools?  I don't see RecurDyn listed on the partners page.  The only two companies i see that sell RecurDyn don't show anything Autodesk:

https://motionport.com/

https://enginsoftusa.com/RecurDynMBD/Flexible-Multibody-Dynamics-with-Recurdyn.html

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
John_Holtz

Hi @ceble 

I was able to export a natural frequency model that had two rigid elements (2 parts).

Can you create an archive of your model ("app button > Archive > Create") and attach the .ach file to the forum? Also indicate what result you had displayed when trying to create the RFI file.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report