Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export displacement results

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sapayne
761 Views, 1 Reply

Export displacement results

Hi

I'd like to export nodal displacement results including DX, DY and DZ. Thus far I have only been successful in exporting the total magnitude of the displacement, which is less useful to me. I can access the information using the results inquiry function, but when I save the data only the magnitude is preserved.

My ultimate goal here is to locate the neutral axis in a member experiencing torsion, so I need to locate the point on a cross section which experiences zero displacement. having access to only displacement magnitude I can only locate the node closes to the neutral axis and not the axis itself. With data for each direction of movement I could interpolate to locate the neutral axis.

Thanks,
Shannon

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: sapayne

The "Inquire Results > Save" command only saves the results that are shown in the color contour plot. As you have discovered, it does not same the other information (Dx, Dy, Dz, displaced nodal coordinates) that is shown in the window.

So, use a result that contours all three results: "Displacement > Vector"! I use this all of the time with reaction forces in order to sum up all three directions simultaneously.

Alternatively, use "Results Options > Tools > Nodal Results Translator". This utility was created specifically to output the displacement results that the user wants.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report