Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event starting position

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
428 Views, 2 Replies

Event starting position

For an MES model, I am only interested in part of the movement of a crankshaft driven mechanism.  Is there a simple way to move the model from the as-drawn position to a different starting position to begin the analysis?  The entire model runs on a 360 degree rotation of the crankshaft and I am only interested in running an analysis between 180 and 190 degrees of rotation.  I do not have access to the original solid model.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I would think that the easiest way to do so is to simply select the part, select subentities and rotate the lines the amount you wish around a certain axis. You may need to create a new coordinate system for this too, I guess.

Björn

Message 3 of 3
xli
Alumni
in reply to: Anonymous

No, MES has no such support you asked. Unless you once had simulated same model to that or beyond that position, then you can restart from there.

But the request is interesting. And Björn's suggestion is good to me. MES also allows to specify initial velocity and acceleration at the position you want to start as a rigid body motion, if you want and can estimate that.

-xli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report