Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when making animation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
282 Views, 2 Replies

Error when making animation

I have a large CFD simulation that I am trying to create an animation of. I am able to save the animation as an .avi file but when I  go to run it I get an error saying "Invalid MCI device ID. Use the ID returned when opening the MCI device". I have no idea what the issue is. I thought it might of been a computer issue so I switched to a different computer which took a while since the archive file is 29gb but I still get this error. Is this a bug in the software? Please help me!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
S.LI
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you using Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics CFD component or Autodesk Simulation CFdesign?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this response answers your concern, please mark it as "solved".
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: S.LI

I am using Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics. I actually figured it out, it has to do with the fact that my .avi file was larger than 1gb and the video players have difficulty handeling .avi movies larger than 1gb so I ended up just converting the file to .wmv and it plays fine now. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report