Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error openning units information

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
PeterSingleton3066
288 Views, 2 Replies

Error openning units information

I am unable to open any old files, or even new downloaded tutorial files. A window pops up and says "Error opening units information in.... with the location of a file: algordb.mdb  for getagsdbunits

I have tried in Simulation 2012, uninstalled it, tried a trial of Simulation 2013 and get the same problem with a new path because it now in Simulation 2013 location.

Any tips on how to correct this? I don't know what to do past uninstalling and reinstalling. I thought that would clear it up, but no change.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Peter,

My guess is that you do not have administrator rights to the folder mentioned in the error message. I suggest that you search the forum for the word "administrator" and see if any hits help.

Message 3 of 3

Thanks John: I do have administration rights as this is a one-person operation, home business based computer. All attempts to solve this has failed. However, my computer in general is acting up a bit and I have decided to replace it. Will try all this again on a new machine in January 2015. I suspect all will be fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report