Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error from "ndxmap.exe"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
343 Views, 2 Replies

Error from "ndxmap.exe"

Hello. We perform a thermal-stress analysis. As a first step, a thermal analysis can be done well. This analysis result is in a "Design scenario 1". Next step, we try to perform a static-stress analysis by using thermal distribution of "Design scenario 1".  "Node Mapping" error occured (pls. see attached fig1). How to resolve this issue?

A part of the ds_ndxmap.log is following; Number of parts is 83, Number of nodes are 465653/470104.  "Ndxmap.exe" has a model size limitation?

Best regars,

--------------------------------------------quote-----------
** Mapping type detection
-- Linear stress (LSS) reads thermal

=====================================================================================
Model Unit Comparsion Source Model Target Model
=====================================================================================
Length unit ........................................ Millimeter Millimeter
Time unit .......................................... Second Second
Temperature unit ................................... Celsius Celsius

** Build Part Mapping(Src/Tgt part#=83/83).......... 0.001 seconds

** Global Src/Tgt Node mapping(Node#=465653/470104)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I do not know if this is the problem and solution, but it is something to try. My suspicion is a character in one of the paths from the root drive (C:\) all the way through the folders to where the analysis model is located (C:\...\...\my model.ds_data\2\ds.mod\).

Save the model to a short, simple folder name such as "C:\temp\try this.fem".

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

Hi, John

Thanks for your suggestion. I moved a "mytry.fem" file and "mytry.ds_data" folder into "C:\temp".  But I got same error and analysis was terminated.... After that, mesh size was a little bit changed (in static-stress analysis), the analysis is now available. It seems like that my issue depends on mesh conditions.

Best regards,

Akihiro Matsuda
CAE Solutions Corp.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report